Thankful Thursday: Snow Day!

This week, I am thankful for the simple fact that it finally snowed here! Starting last Thursday, I might add! The kids (and the grown-ups) were all so excited to see big, fluffy white flakes coming down hard and fast. It snowed all afternoon, through the night, and into the next morning. We got about four inches or so at our house, I think. I don’t really know for sure.

Immediately, the kids were just itching to get outside and go sledding or build a snowman. However, since the temperatures were still well below freezing, Mommy just wasn’t willing to let them go out. Fortunately, Daddy’s day off came on the first day it began to warm up enough that the snow would be nice and sticky, but not so much that it melted off in one day. There wasn’t enough left to go sledding, but there was plenty for a snowman!

I am thankful that the father of my children is playful.

I am thankful for the love on his face – his heart is so tender toward his kids. Dain was throwing a very tiny snowball at him, and Daddy obligingly let himself be “gotten.”

I am thankful for these kiddos, and the unbounded joy they bring me, without even trying.

I am thankful for bundled-up babies experiencing snow for the first time. Oddly enough, she’s not screaming about the snow – she HATES the snow suit, because it doesn’t allow her to move like she wants to!

Such a lovely day they had, and came inside to enjoy hot chocolate with marshmallows. The big ol’ pile of wet snow gear on my carpet (of course), and the muddy snow tracked across my kitchen floor went largely unnoticed by me.

Days and moments like these slip too easily away, like pearls from a string. Having kids has taught me how to catch those pearls, and cherish each one as a treasure. I am thankful for these simple lessons, simple moments, and the ability to share them with YOU. Thank you, ever so much, for visiting my little corner of the internet today. Have a blessed and joyful day today!

~Tiffany

To join Thankful Thursday, click on the button at the top of this post, and go from there. If you would like to read more of this week’s Thankful posts, visit our host for the month: Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

What are you thankful for this week?

Tags:

14 Responses to “Thankful Thursday: Snow Day!”

1. LaughingLady says:

I’m guessing you must live further south than I do…. I can’t imagine being excited that it had “FINALLY” snowed!! Up here on the Canadian prairies, snow is ALL we see for almost half the year!!

I’m glad you enjoy it ~ if you ever want some more, let me know, and I’ll see what we can arrange for you!! 😉

It is truly a blessing to have a husband who loves playing with the kids. Mine is very much the same. It’s a beautiful thing and your pictures capture it wonderfully.

2. Rita says:

Love the snowman!

3. Lynn says:

oh Tiff, What an absolutely delightful post. Thank you for sharing your adorable family with me. Love you.

4. aww, so priceless and precious, love the pictures they ‘re so cute!

5. Chrystlyn says:

Thank you for your encouragement and support.

6. Joan says:

These are moments to cherish and as you say, they will pass quickly. Truly something for which to be thankful.

Blessings,
    Joan

7. genny says:

what a lovely family, they are having fun on the snow. i wish to experience playing or even touching snow for once. happy TT!

8. Jenny Anne says:

Such a sweet family. I enjoyed reading and looking at all the lovely pictures. We have snow here too and I’m mean and won’t let my kiddos go out and play since it’s been in the teens for weeks. It’s in the twenties later this week, so they’ll be begging to go! lol

9. Meg says:

“Days and moments like these slip too easily away, like pearls from a string.”

What a beautiful thought. I’ll be sure to catch as many pearls as possible today!

10. Marsha says:

Tiff,
    Reading this post just makes me smile…it’s so heartwarming to see a young lady who loves her family and the Lord so much.

And one who has such a heart of gratitude for it all!

Blessings to you,
    Marsha

11. mmstanger says:

Such joy! Such fun! We loved our first snow this year, too. And… don’t worry. You’ll get there with waking early when the time is right. The reason I fell out of the habit was that my kdis kept waking at the same time or before me. But, God knew I needed his extra early fortification right now, I guess, and has graced me with a reprieve to get back in the habit of prayer and devotions! But, no one says that has to be alone, first thing.

12. LadyJ says:

I love the rocky snowman. 🙂 Such personality in him.

13. bp says:

Enjoyed your snow pictures! I’m a Texas girl and hope to see some snow this year in our new city. Looks like your kids had a fun time.

Thanks for visiting my blog. The good books I’m reading:
    Unstuff by Hayley & Michael DiMarco
    Tailor Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
    Also, I’m listening to
    The Millenials.

God bless,
    Bethany

14. Harter says:

It looks like they had tons of fun (well, minus the snow suit hating).