Preparing for Birth works hard to bring you Colorado Springs childbirth classes, breastfeeding classes, and more. We are here to encourage and help you grow in confidence as your family grows.
Let us help you pack your “birth and breastfeeding tool kit” through a light-hearted, interactive, and relevant class series.
We also have a class to fit your schedule, since we offer both weeknights and weekends, as well as privately scheduled options. Our educators, Tiffany Miller, Desirre Andrews (CPM, RM), and Marcia Hyde, are trained and certified through CAPPA to offer you the highest level of expertise and knowledge for your entire childbearing journey, and beyond.
Take a look at the schedule below, and choose which class suits you best. (Link for registration at the bottom.)
Class Schedules (subject to change):
Saturday Classes | 10am-6pm | $175
- The Natural Birth Workshop: A condensed 8-hour workshop for those planning to give birth at the hospital (with or without medication), birth center, or home.
- April 8th, 2017
- May 6th, 2017
- June 3rd, 2017
- The Newborn & Breastfeeding Workshop: Breastfeeding from first latch to first solids, as well as newborn care, postpartum recovery, life with baby, family planning, and more.
- March 11th, 2017
- April 15th, 2017
- May 13th, 2017
- June 10th, 2017
- The VBAC Workshop: Specialized childbirth information for moms who are planning a trial of labor after a previous cesarean. Includes the Natural Birth Workshop.
- March 25th, 2017
- April 22nd, 2017
- May 20th, 2017
- June 17th, 2017
- **COMING SOON** Classes for Teen Moms!
Tuesday Night Class Series | 6pm-9pm | $250
The Essentials for Childbirth Series (6 week series): This class is a comprehensive look at pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care in approximately 15 hours of hands-on instruction. It starts with the basics of pregnancy, moves naturally through labor challenges, what to expect with various interventions, and how to get breastfeeding started. It finishes in the final weeks with a complete breastfeeding basics class, newborn care, and what those first six weeks postpartum are really like.
- 5/2/2017 – 6/6/2017 | The Essentials for Childbirth Series
- 6/27/2017 – 8/8/2017 | The Essentials for Childbirth Series
- no class on Independence Day
- 9/5/2017 – 10/10/2017 | The Essentials for Childbirth Series
Private Classes $35 p/hr. with a minimum of 3 hours.
- Customized to your schedule and content needs. After registering below and paying for the three-hour minimum, an instructor will contact you to help you choose your class topics, schedule, and determine the amount of class time required based on topics chosen, your needs, and your budget. The difference in fees, if any, above the three-hour minimum are due the day of the class.