Preparing For Birth – Affirmations
Guarding what you put into your eyes, ears, and mind is such an important part of pregnancy and birth. As women we learn socially, from one another. When we allow the pervasive negativity (TV, horror stories, fearful education, good patient education, unsupportive comments, etc.) to take root we lose so much inborn knowledge and wisdom of all the women who came before. I encourage you to read the below affirmations, use them, tweak them, and then write your very own. Place affirmations everywhere that you are. Encourage others around you to also speak them to you. whenever you think of labor and birth, recite your affirmations. Build in the positive at any opportunity. If someone gets a negative experience out to you, stop and ask what she would have or could have done differently if she was able.
- I will take labor one contraction at a time. I can do ANYTHING for a minute or two.
- I am able to make the best possible choices for a healthy, joyful birth.
- I TRUST my body to labor smoothly and efficiently.
- My design is PERFECT to birth my baby.
- I trust my baby and body to choose when labor will begin.
- I will receive the start of labor and I will labor well.
- I accept the unknown of labor and birth.
- My baby already knows how to labor and come into my arms.
- I am well equipped to mother my baby.
- I can make choices and decisions based out of love/evidence not fear.
- I embrace the concept of healthy pain.
- I am welcoming my contractions.
- I have enough love to go around.
- There is always enough love for me.
- I am strong, confident, assured, and assertive and still feminine.
- I am helping my baby feel safe so that she can be born.
- I am a strong and capable woman.
- I am creating a totally positive and new birth experience.
- My pelvis is releasing and opening (as have those of countless women before me).
- I am accepting my labor and believe that it is the right labor for me, and for my baby.
- I now feel the love that others have for me during the birth.
- I will treat my mate lovingly during the birth.
- I will have exactly who I need supporting me for my birth.
- I am birthing where I will be the safest, most peaceful, and most encouraged.
- I have a beautiful body. My body is my friend.
If you would like to add to my list, please email me at email@example.com.