Blessing the Mother…..
July 14, 2011/
Blessing the mother ease the period at the end of pregnancy and ease the transition into postpartum.
Ideas that bless before and after birth:
- Freezer Meals
- Organizing Fresh Meals for end of pregnancy through first month post birth.
- Buy baby wearing gear for her.
- Organize a Blessingway
- Write down encouraging and affirming words in a beautiful card.
- Listen to her.
- Buy her a baby wearing, cloth diapering, breastfeeding class, etc. to her desires as a surprise.
- Organize housecleaning party for end of pregnancy and once or twice postpartum.
- If she has other children, have them over to give her a rest.
- Donate toward her doula, midwife or doctor.
- When she is postpartum, visit her and prepare a variety of snacks so she is never without food.
- Offer to run errands after the baby is born.
- Offer to give her time to shower.
- Buy her a reusable water bottle so she drinks enough fluids.
- Give her permission to phone you during odd hours after the birth if she needs support, advice.
- Offer to dog sit or take care of any pets as needed after the birth.
- Check in on her about 3 weeks after birth to see how she is doing emotionally and physically.
What other ideas do you have to add? Please leave me a comment.