Homebirth: The Basics.
March 2, 2015/Comments Off on Homebirth: The Basics.
- What Home Birth Is Really Like: Dispelling a few myths and answering a few common questions.
- Homebirth Dads: The Dad’s perspective on homebirthing.
- Is Homebirth for You?
- Citizens for Midwifery
- Business of Being Born
- Gentle Birth
- Homebirth: A Midwife Mutiny
- Ina May Gaskin: Author, Activist, Innovater
- Midwifery Today
The Safety of Homebirth
- Perinatal mortality and morbidity in a nationwide cohort of 529 688 low-risk planned home and hospital births.
- Stand & Deliver: Dutch home birth study.
Explains very well the results of the above study, the largest home birth study ever, and provides links to several news articles about the study. Excellent breakdown of the results.
- The Myth of a Safer Hospital Birth for Low Risk Pregnancies.: Fantastic post breaking down a good portion of studies regarding home birth vs. hospital birth.
My Favorite Colorado Springs Midwives