CLICK FOR INFORMATION ON COVID-19 & LATE TRANSFERS
CLICK FOR MIDWIFERY
INFORMATION & FAQ's
How much does a home birth cost?
Home birth midwifery care for pregnancy, labor, birth, newborn, and postpartum care are offered as a package under a single global fee of approximately $4,000 in the Colorado Springs area.
I operate under a cash pay fee model, rather than accepting insurance. This allows me to offer a sliding scale arrangement, and give reasonable cash pay discounts as reflected in the table below.
It also allows me greater freedom to practice in a way that aligns with my philosophy and is safe for all concerned -- clients, babies, and myself. It's also a way to keep costs down and eliminate a lot of unnecessary paperwork.
I am happy to provide a coded receipt for any and all payments received at the end of your care so that if you desire, you can submit a claim to your insurance for potential reimbursement.
The Home Birth Global Fee
|Annual Income||Total Global Fee||Discounted Cash Pay Fee*||$29,999 and below||$4,000||$2,800|
|$30,000 - $39,999||$4,000||$3,034|
|$40,000 - $49,999||$4,000||$3,267|
|$50,000 and above||$4,000||$3,500|
*If paid in full by 36 weeks
- 24-hour availability of your midwife
- 24-hour access to your client portal & records
- Lending library access
- Prenatal, birth, newborn, and postpartum care as listed in our Summary of Services (given at consultation)
- On-call availability for your birth from 37 weeks until your baby is 48 hours old
- Necessary birth equipment, medications, and medical supplies
- Birth pool kit rental (if desired – includes pool, liner, tarp, air pump, and hose adapter)
- Postpartum basics kit (Depends, OB pads, peri bottle, goldenseal for cord care, pretty birth certificate for footprints)
- Newborn Screen
- Birth certificate processing
- Assistant fees
What’s Not Included:
- Lab work (both routine and non-routine)
- Most newborn procedures
- Referred services
- Consultations with other providers
- Hospital transport
- General birth supplies (complete list provided at 28 weeks)
Payment Structure & Discounts:
Payments can be made as a lump sum, or on a monthly basis from the beginning of care until the balance paid in full at the 36 week home visit. I accept cash, check, HSA/FSA accounts, and major credit cards.
Routine labs, drawn at 12 weeks and 28 weeks, cost approximately $250 if they are not covered by insurance. This amount can be paid at the time of service, or added to your total and broken up into your monthly payment.
A $300 discount is available for:
- Active duty military and first responders
- Repeat clients
- Coming to care after 28 weeks AND able to provide prenatal records
- Paying in full at the initial appointment
Note: Only ONE discount may be applied, due to the sliding scale model. They do not stack.
Additional details are available in my Financial Agreement. Be sure to request a consultation (see button below), and I will be happy to provide the information to you.